Skip to content

Child Custody Modification Laws

child custody modification laws

In all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Washington DC Child Custody Laws allow for modifications to be made to existing consent orders and custody orders under certain circumstances and parameters. There is a legal process involved that must be adhered to in order for the courts to grant the modification. If you would like you have your existing child custody order modified in Pennsylvania it makes sense for you to enlist the aid of a skilled and experienced Child Custody Modification Attorney who has an in depth knowledge of child custody modification laws.

Contact the Child Custody Lawyers at our family law office to discuss your rights. You can email a Child Custody Modification Attorney by clicking here. The Family Law Lawyers at our firm will protect your interests, as well as your child’s interests, throughout the entire legal process.

Child Custody Modification Laws

A custody order can only be modified in certain situations:

• If the original custody order that you want to change is a

consent order (you and the Respondent(s) agreed to the

custody arrangement), then it can be changed or modified anytime the

Court finds that it is in the “best interest” of the child.

• If the original custody order was entered by the Court after a full hearing the order can be changed only if the Court finds that continuing to enforce the order would endanger the child’s

physical health or significantly impair the child’s emotional development.   

Modifying a Child Custody order is a very complex legal task that should only be done by an experienced Child Custody Modification Attorney.

Contact Our Child Custody Modification Lawyers

If you are interested in making changes to your existing child custody agreement please call the Child Custody Modification Attorneys on our team to discuss your rights. They have offices throughout the country. You can click here to email our Child Custody Modification Lawyers.

No matter what state your case is in our team of family law attorneys can help as they serve all 50 states and Washington D.C. including: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Wyoming and Wisconsin.